Friday, June 23, 2023

Gatherings of Spring

So many wonderful gatherings happened this spring. Here are a few:


Taking dear Natalie to the temple: 


My friend Natalie had never been through the temple before and she thought for years about if she wanted to go. This year she decided it was time. She now lives in California, but since her dearest friends and most of her family are all here in Salt Lake, she decided to come here. It was so glorious to gather together as a circle of friends and sisters and join her, support her, celebrate with her. It was just wonderful.


An Evening at Red Butte Garden:


Despite being one of the most planniest planners who ever planned a plan, there are times when a spontaneous invite comes our way and we suddenly find ourselves in the company of friends, surrounded by nature, eating delicious dinner. The Bucherts and Behunins called one evening and next thing we knew, we were eating a picnic dinner at Red Butte Gardens, followed by a good hour and a half of walking around the trails as the light was fading. It was pretty much Heaven.


Saying Goodbye to a Friend:

My mother's cousin, and mother of a family of kids that my whole family was quite close to at times in our lives, let her friends and family know that she was dying of cancer. She and her kids decided to hold a celebration together before she passed away so that her many loved ones could come greet her and wish her well and share their love. Troy and I went, and I seemed to take a trip back in time as I entered the church building that I attended from age 14 - 24. I saw so many beloved people. Sadly, there were so many people there that I didn't actually get to greet Suzan. But I did connect with her daughters and tried to share my love the best way I could. I only got a photo with one person - my friend Jackie, the sweetest lady ever, and mother to my good friend Dave. 


Troy and I weren't able to stay at Suzan's celebration for very long since we had another treat that night - a wedding reception for the daughter of one of Troy's best friends growing up, Craig. We carpooled with the Mayfields, eating up every second we got with them, visiting the great Aspen Grove Camp where we saw one of Chase's good friends. What a lovely evening of joys and sorrows.





Our First Lacrosse Game:

Our niece Lucy plays lacrosse and we have always wanted to see her play. Most of her games are on weeknights in far away places like Draper, Herriman and Riverton. (We are such wimps!) Kathleen called us shortly after my Disney trip to let us know that Lucy would be playing at Highland High - we were so happy we were able to come see her play! It's a really fun game to watch, and we loved supporting Lucy. I was also happy to get a chance to connect with Kathleen's mom, whom we have been worried for as Stan was still in the ICU. She is such a dear lady and has been so kind to Troy and me every time we see her. 


No comments: