Thursday, June 15, 2023

Our Lady of the Super Sweaters

I have now made three sweaters. (For myself, all for myself, bwaa ha ha ha!!) I actually don't think anyone else in the family especially wants a sweater from me. Well, the girls just wear them so whatever I make for me I make for all three of us. And also...I keep making sweaters that end up larger than I expect them to be. So the boys could easily wear them as well.

I LOVE making sweaters. And each time I make one, I feel like I have learned so much and maybe THIS time I'll get it just right. I mean, I check the gauge the whole way through. I measure so carefully. And I swear, I keep making these absolutely massive sweaters. The arms are too long, they drown me. I still really love each of them. I have been given the advice to rip them out and start over but I can't bring myself to do it! They each take so long and can be so very tedious at times, and so I don't. I have also been given the advice to get them just ever so slightly damp, wrap them up in a pillow case and pop them into the dryer to just tighten up the stitches. This is also something I can not bring myself to attempt. 

So the only option left is just to become known as the lady who always wears the supersize sweaters. 

(Maybe the 4th try will be the charm?)

No comments: