Friday, December 08, 2023

A Quick Note on True Love

Sometimes I try to have a little fun with my phone - I like to have alert tones that make me happy, wallpaper that brings me a smile, and I even like to give my phone a name. In the past I called it "Rachel's Baby" but that seemed a bit weird actually. I thought and thought about what to name it, right at the same time that I was also hunting for a new ringtone. What do I love, I asked myself. Oh, I know! Pride and Prejudice! I found the theme song from the 1995 miniseries and plugged that in to go off every time I got a phone call. And then I named the phone "Miss Elizabeth," and promptly felt delighted with myself. 

I don't know how many weeks later it was that I was out and about with Troy, when I got a prompt on my screen, asking me if I'd like to join the hotspot called "Mr. Darcy." What on earth? I looked up at Troy and started to laugh like crazy. Troy had seen my phone name of Miss Elizabeth and put Mr. Darcy in as his own phone name and just waited for me to notice.

Oh how he loves me. And I love him back.

No comments: