Sunday, September 29, 2024

The Day We Almost Died but Went to a Play Instead

For the second year in a row I was the grateful recipient of tickets to see two plays at Tuacahn Theater, just outside of Snow Canyon in St. George. My sweet friend who volunteers there is very kind about giving us tickets. She wanted me to choose my dates almost a year in advance. It was kind of tricky to just guess what dates would work a full year out, but I did my best. Of course I had no idea that Troy and I would be in full swing on the bedroom project - back then we hadn't even started it yet. So yeah, Troy didn't come. He had moved on from drywall purgatory to mudding and sanding purgatory. He's such a good man. I felt quite bad going, actually. I hated to leave him at home working on his own, but after the gift of getting these tickets I felt I couldn't miss it. Romney stayed home as well, keeping dad company and working her shifts at This is the Place.

Emma and I headed down and had a lovely time driving together, singing along to musicals and having a good old mother-daughter chat. We arrived on Friday, not too long before our first play started. We picked up Cara and Siena who used our extra two tickets and headed to the lovely Tuacahn theater where we thoroughly enjoyed watching Anastasia. It was pretty magical. What a delightful musical. We've been playing it on repeat ever since. 




On Saturday, I'm pretty sure Sheri tried to kill us. We went for a "short little hike" out in the August sun and it's clear that Emma and I are not in the shape that the Romneys are, nor are we quite adapted to the heat. The trail did follow along a lovely river with some fun swimming spots and cute little froggies everywhere, but the hike back out almost did us in. There may have been a few tears, and I'm happy to say that there was no vomiting, which seemed possible at a couple of points. 





Our reward was to enjoy a tasty lunch at Oscar's. Emma basically fell face-first into her hamburger and I did a swan dive into my diet coke. We lived after all. 


 


Somehow we recovered enough to make it to the second play, Frozen. It was showy and fun and big, which is how Tuacahn does things. We needed some frozen treats to go along with the Frozen play, since we were all still slightly warm from the exciting day. Look at Emma's cheeks:






It's always a treat to see cousins, and always a treat to see a show. We are lucky ducks indeed.

No comments: