Monday, September 09, 2024

Why Our Girls are Awesome

As I'm looking back over the summer's photos, figuring out what else needs posting about, I'm just thinking about how awesome my daughters are.

Here's where I wanted to post a photo of them together but...I can't find one of just the two of them recently that I haven't posted already. Oh well! 

They are awesome because they are so nice to each other. They share clothes. Who does that? Isn't one of the rules of sisterhood that you fight about clothes all the time, and steal them from each other, and get super super mad? They just don't do that. I don't know how we got so lucky. What wonderful girls.

Here are some other fun things they have been up to:

Emma begged to go back to FSY camp this year. (For the Strength of Youth). She once again wanted to go to a camp on her own, with no friends or people she knew with her. I was just as nervous as I was last year to send her alone, but that's how she wanted it! This year she picked the UofU (by our house, thank heavens), instead of BYU. She once again absolutely adored it, and grew very fond of a nice group of kids. From Vernal. Yeah that's three hours away so there hasn't been much socializing since then!


Romney's Nicholas went away for the last couple of weeks of summer. He and his family traveled to Europe and though it was so wonderful that he was able to do this with his family, it was a long couple of weeks for Romney! The day he got home was a happy one for her - and since I got to be the one to drive her to his house, I got to be the one to see her bouncing up and down in her chair with happiness as we drew closer, and him standing outside jumping up and down waiting for her. So. Cute. How can I not post about that?


Emma had a few really boring weeks of the summer, especially with me working all the time. But there were a few weeks in a row in which we kept her very busy. One of them was sending her to an archery camp for a few afternoons. She had so much fun - she really loved it! 


I don't have many photos of this, but Emma also got to go on a trip with our ward youth group. They broke with their long-standing Bear Lake tradition and went to a cabin in central Utah near Capital Reef. They got to go to the temple as well as just spend fun time together - games, hiking, being silly, all the best stuff. 




Also, right before school started, Emma got to spend a very delightful day at the zoo with her buddy Bella, who had been volunteering there. I love this photo. Hmm. I guess most of these shot are of Emma. Romney was just doing so much pioneering!


One last happy random summer photo: here's me at work. I got asked to make a video for a young patient who likes to see what the inside of his treatment rooms look like. I accidentally took a photo first instead of making the video, which was very dorky of me, but here I am, loving my new job!

No comments: