Sunday, February 14, 2010

Cookies, Eggs and Socks

That has a ring to it, doesn't it? I mean, when don't cookies, eggs and socks go together?

Friday afternoon my mom invited over me and the kids for a little afternoon playdate. She kept the big kids busy making a few cookies while I let Bundle play with their fabulous collection of Russian eggs. And I finished the socks I've been working on. For a year. Yes, the most expensive socks on the block, I'd say. The yarn was like $18 or something, plus a year of actually knitting them makes me wonder if I should even wear them or just frame them and look at them. They're very thick and cozy; I love them already. Just remind me to wait a while before I knit anything on size 1 needles again, and especially not when I'm going to be having a baby. Because those two factors kind of quintupled the time until they were finished.


Bundle spent her time stirring the eggs in the basket:




And the big kids took over the kitchen in a cloud of flour and very sticky dough that made for better picking at than actual cookies:


An afternoon well spent, I'd say....until the kids got into the valentines chocolate....and started climbing the furniture and whooping like gibbons at the zoo....then it was time to leave.

5 comments:

Windybrook Spinner said...

Sounds like a wonderful day. Beautiful socks. Good job. Guess what? You can buy sock yarn that costs even more. Amazing, huh? Someday I want to try some that have cashmere in them. =)

Bella said...

how fun! you guys are so dang crafty! way to go!

Cullen said...

Ummm . . . what is a "gibbon"?

Misty said...

I'm so glad your mommy is home to take care of you guys. :)

Julie said...

You are one seriously talented girl! :)