Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Pathetic Pile of Preslars


That's what went through my mind this morning at 6:30 when I woke up, coughing and ailing and snorting and hacking. Baby Bundle was next to me sporting a pair of goopy eyes - she hasn't begun her round of goopy nose yet, but I feel certain she will shortly, dang it. Also part of our pathetic pile were Stomper and Bitty, who had spent the night coughing and boogering as well. Missing from our party was Daddy, who was upstairs on our spare bed, snoring away as happens when you are on high levels of Nyquil. We missed him but I don't think the bed could have held one more ounce of snot. The kids' eyes were red and puffy and very sad looking. I was just bleary. It was a little miserable and so far has not improved much. As I always say, the family that is sick together is ... sick together.

And THAT is why I have not been blogging for a whole week. I've been too busy blowing my nose, blowing Stomper's nose, blowing Bitty's nose and staying out of the way when Troy blows his.

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Oh, I'm sorry. I wish sickness didn't exist. It gets in the way of life too much. Although maybe it's a little better to all be sick at once instead of having it take you down one at a time for 5 weeks straight. (I'm not sure on that one - it kind of depends on the illness I guess.) Hope you're all feeling better soon.

Swimmingmom said...

Ugggh, sounds like you've had your hands full. Hope everyone is well soon!

Windybrook Spinner said...

Tater is getting over that right now and I'm really hoping the rest of us escape it. Get better soon. You are so funny, even when you are unwell. It's amazing.

Keersten said...

Oh, that's the worst! Get better soon!