Tuesday, January 15, 2013

While I Was Sleeping....

So I was loading a few things from our camera onto a computer yesterday and I came across a bunch of pictures from our New Year's trip to St. George. I didn't even know they had been taken. It totally made me laugh - you may remember that I spent most of that trip either unconscious or wishing to become so due to the worst bout of the flu ever.  (Yes, I realize that this is like the 4th entry in a row in which I have mentioned the flu, but really, it was bad.  Very bad.)  (Sooooo bad.)  Anyway, I had to laugh because I was not aware than anything at all had happened but apparently something had!

Things that happened:
* Lots of time outside jumping on the tramp in the mild sunny weather:





* Lots of time with the girls playing Just Dance on the wii and heartily enjoying it:



Can you believe I slept through that? Apparently the kids also got out some musical instruments and had a whistle-blowing parade and even that did not rouse me from my slumber.

 * Okay, I was actually conscious for this part - this was New Year's Eve and I woke up for the first time in two days and was giving Troy a turn in the land of drug-me-to-sleep.  Pete and Sheri and I took our kids to a very well-done bounce house place that was crowded but very fun, despite a few traumatic moments for the kids.  Poor Siena thought she had a made a best friend but this friend played with her only briefly before letting her know that she was all done being her friend.  Stomper got whacked by an elastic rope thing that shut him down for a little while and...I think there were a few other things but I don't really remember what else happened. I was still on a Nyquil hangover.  I'm not going to tell you whether or not I was driving my kids around that day because I don't want to scare you.
















So yes, it turns out that stuff happened on our trip. The kids are begging to go back and I think we will very soon partly so that we can get out of this cold and partly so that I can actually spend time with our St. George cousins!

Okay, I promise, I am done mentioning the flu or any other story relating to the great illness of Christmas 2012 - Half of January 2013.

Shutting up.

No comments: