Sunday, October 02, 2022

Ward Youth Conference, Minus the Preslar Youth

I was so certain that I knew when the ward youth conference was going to be. There was this one week that I swear I had heard was definitely not going to be it. So that's when I planned the Disney trip. And...you'll never guess. That of course ended up being the week of the ward youth conference. It was a real bummer because our youth group has really developed a great tradition - getting a rental house close to Bear Lake, spending three days together, and renting a boat for one long day. They also have the tradition of asking Troy to drive the boat all day long. 

Both of my girls were pretty bummed that the trips were happening at the same time, and I did feel quite guilty about taking them away from the church trip, especially since our numbers have been shrinking lately with people graduating and moving away. And Chase isn't even officially one of the youth anymore...but he got called as a leader, so he went anyway.

I hear they had a wonderful time. Except this one little thing. Chase told me that he was on the boat for the entire day. He was really worried about getting sunburnt so he reapplied sunscreen like five times or something. I guess that brand of sunscreen turned out to be not so great, because all reports were that he got totally fried. I guess he basically got the worst sunburn of his life. I'm kind of glad I wasn't there to see it. I hate it when my kids have pain that I can't fix or help. I'm sure he didn't sleep well for a couple of days. Luckily, Troy avoided that fate and was sunburn free. Just totally exhausted.

Anyway, we have a wonderful group of young people in our neighborhood and they love spending time together. This was an especially significant trip, not only because it's become a great tradition for a group of kids who feel like a real team, but also because it would be the last activity with the current youth leaders and our dear Bishop Bryan, who was soon to be released. I'm so grateful for their service and for the bond these kids share.











oh yeah and I guess there were a couple of injuries...













No comments: