Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Over Already?


It just doesn't seem that long ago that I was taking Stomper in for his Kindergarten assessment and getting him all registered and set up for Kindergarten. And suddenly it's over! I have to say that we have simply adored Stomper's kindergarten teacher, Mrs. McDonald. She has been terrific and a really good match for our big boy. I've had so much fun watching him learn and grow, doing homework with him and especially helping him learn to read. I spent a lot of time in the classroom this year - something I probably won't be able to do again for a year or two - and that has been great. I feel rather devoted to Mrs. McDonald, and wish I could be in her class again! Maybe Bitty will get her as a teacher in another year. I hope she sticks around a little longer.



With Miss Alisha, the teacher's aide. She was great too.



The class singing a song on the last day.



Proud Mommy!

3 comments:

Windybrook Spinner said...

To be honest, I am thrilled kindergarten is over. I am sad Chugs will be in school all day next year, but because it is year round he gets frequent breaks, so I'll still see him. I really liked his kindergarten teacher--she was so patient and good with all the kids--but I think he was bored with the ciriculum and struggled some with the other kids in his class. He did learn a lot. I don't mean that it wasn't a good place for him to be. I am hoping that as a first grader he'll mature a little and have a better time. We'll see. Also, my day won't be so broken up with picking him up, taking Peep to preschool, and trying to fit in naps for Tater. I am hoping next year will be an easier year. I'm very glad Stomper had such a good experience, though, and it does seem amazing that the school year is already over.

ghd3 said...

congratulations! school's out for summer!

Bella said...

how exciting! kindergarten graduation! good job stomper! his teacher looks like the nicest person in the world! is that a pre-requisite for kindergarten teachers? i love the pic of the two of you!!!!