Sunday, November 08, 2009

Hang in There, Thanksgiving!


I'm just going to state here and now that I am now celebrating Thanksgiving. Just because Halloween is over does NOT make it Christmas time yet. I know the stores and television commercials would like to make you think so, but I am here to say Oh No You Don't! This week as I packed away the hanging jack-o-lanterns and dangling spider decorations I very resolutely placed my fall leaves on the front door and dried corn on the piano. And now I'm going to just sit around and Be Thankful. Happy month of Thanks, everyone. I'll pull out the Christmas tunes later.


9 comments:

jefferies said...

Hahaha yeah! Go Thanksgiving! Love it.

Bella said...

thank you for not skipping thanksgiving! way to represent! :)

oh rachel...i'm sure we are related. we have cannons in our family tree, too! i hope you don't get the 'crazy' that comes in my family! :)

Windybrook Spinner said...

Amen!

Melissa said...

I so fully agree!!!! I won't listen to a single christmas tune until the day after Thanksgiving. One holiday at a time, I say!!! (And why are they always skipping over Thanksgiving? It's one of my favorites.)

Wendy said...

Amen and amen!

stephgardner said...

Eating, sitting, TV - Thanksgiving IS great. (Wait that doesn't sound that great the way I put it...)

Misty said...

I have done the same ... left out the pumpkins and colored leaf decor, but truth be told, I'm dying for my Christmas decorations! I love the twinkle lights and the magical feel of my house. I'm patiently enjoying Thanksgiving, but ever so slightly begrudgingly since I've mentally moved on to Christmas already! Help.

Kathleen said...

You are too cute. We have birthdays overshadowing Thanksgiving this year but it will be quite the thankful celebration anyway!

girlygirl said...

Amen sister! By the way, hi-- :) --I know, it's been a while.