Thursday, November 12, 2009

Sing To Me, Jackie!

The last words I heard before I made a run for the door just now were, "Mom, what is that horrible smell?" It happened to be dinner that my kid smelled and couldn't handle. And he had a point. I totally messed it up, came very close to sitting on the floor and crying, and decided instead to head for the nearest Little Caesar's. Luckily I have a husband who not only shooed me out the door all by myself but placed Jack Johnson's Curious George soundtrack into my hand on the way. Smart Man. I turned up Jack and let him sooth my wrinkled brow all the way there. I'm wondering if the cashiers at Little Caesar's are getting familiar with the sight of a half crazed mother, hair askew, baby snot on her shoulder, shoes untied, careening in there and demanding pizzas at any cost.

4 comments:

tiffrsmith said...

I'm glad that I'm not the only person that happens to. Except I usually try to serve the ruined dinner anyway, and get upset when James opts for a bowl of cereal instead. I have a hard time accepting defeat.

Julie said...

Nice that "at any cost" is only five bucks. :)

Bella said...

we had one of those nights last night! it was papa murphy's to the rescue!

Melissa said...

Why do we feel so completely defeated when dinner doesn't work out? Probably because it happens far too often here. Anyway, Jack is one of my best friends. Shawn and I both rely on him frequently to bring us back to our happy places. (His new CD is fabuous, by the way.)