Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Fry Run


 I took my girls out for a little treat the other day.  We were running errands, and I of course didn’t realize how long those errands were going to take me.  The gals were getting hungry so we hit the Wendy’s drive through and grabbed some food for them. (Please don't judge me today.) Pretty soon we were home and I set the girls up at the table to finish it off.  I walked out of the room and when I came back I found that both girls had made a delighted discovery.  Bitty was so thrilled to tell me. “Look at this, Mom!  I’m dipping my fries in my frosty and it’s so delicious!”   Oh honey, if you only knew.  How many times, all those years ago, did my sister and I suddenly glance at each other with a sparkle in our eye and then sing out together, “Fry Run!”  We’d do a frantic search for a few quarters, hop into Margaret’s little yellow bug (which I’d often have to push while she’d compression start it – try doing that uphill when you’re 16 years old) and we’d zoom off to Wendy’s for a few fries and a frosty.  Yes, Bitty dear, I know exactly how delicious frosty-coated fries can be.





3 comments:

Bella said...

guilty of that one WAAAAAY too many times.

mrl said...

Those were the best ever. Some of my mostest favoritest memories of high school. Glad that more sisters are enjoying the tradition. :-)

Carrie said...

My snack of choice. It's making my mouth water just thinking about it.