Tuesday, February 08, 2011

Happiness.

Some very happy things. 

First, bowls from Anthropologie.  I'm sorry, Whitley, I'm sorry!  Whitley is my wonderful and much loved and extremely stylish sis-in-law, and once, long ago, as a very generous thank you gift, she gave me the cutest little bowl all filled with candy.  I loved the bowl, and used it as my own personal mommy-bowl (like unto Mamma Bear of Goldilocks fame) whenever I could.  Then I went to Whit's house and saw that she had a huge stack of them, all in different colors.  I instantly began to covet them.  I hate to be a copy cat, and I think Whitley hates it too....but too bad.  I asked for a few bowls for my birthday, and have been enjoying those.  But when the daughter of a friend (I won't tell who...) was at our house, took a look at my beautiful green bowl, picked it up, looked at me with a little smile on her face, then dropped it on the floor (smash!) I thought it was a good opportunity to not only replace the grass green one but add a few more colors as well.  And looking at my morning grapefruit in my lovely minty green bowl just made me happy.



Another very happy thing is that it appears that Bundle is starting to like her father.  I mean, she's always enjoyed playing with him from time to time and she'll usually let him hold her, but lately, she's really been seeking him out.  She's been thrilling him with happy shouts of "Daddy!" everytime she sees him.  And best of all, the other night when she woke up and got out of bed she came running into the living room and ran straight into her daddy's arms.  Did you hear me?  Do you know what this means for me?  I can smell the merest wisp of freedom in the air.  Bundle started out as my best sleeper ever and then one day suddenly became the very worst.  That girl.  Oh well, I don't care if she wakes up if she'll let daddy take care of her.  That means that I can leave every once in a while.  Yippeeeee! I shouldn't sound so excited, but I'm not going to lie.  I am.


4 comments:

Melissa said...

Woohoo! Yeah for new bowls and for freedom! I love it when I child of mine likes their daddy.

ScottyG said...

so the hypnosis is paying off!!!!! way to go bundle!! :)

ScottyG said...

scottyg is really bella...just so ya know!

Carrie said...

That is VERY good news about BUNDLE. It is always a wonderful moment, when they start loving Daddy a little more.

And those Anthro bowls, I have been coveting for years now, I think I just need to get my butt down there and buy some. They are so pretty.