Wednesday, February 16, 2011

An Unfortunate Talent


All my life I’ve had this funny inability to recall information correctly.  I hear something and my brain does its best to remember it, but somehow files the information under a similar but completely wrong name.  Example.  When I was a little kid, I met someone by the name of Chase.  My brain knew his name started with a “C” and that it was a verb.  So I called him “Catch.”  “Hey mom, when are we going to Catch’s house again?”  Another example.  My husband gets a new mountain bike with some really cool shifters on it which are called Rapid Fire.  I get a new bike and ask if my bike will also have sharp shooters.  Ha.  That made my husband laugh at me really hard.  He still teases me.Well this week my unintentional word association struck again.  Bitty has a student teacher in her class by the name off Miss Brisk.  I had to send out a letter to the parents about our Teacher Appreciation Week and I asked everyone to help us support “Miss Swift.”  Doi.  I guess as long as they’re both fast, who cares what her name is?  Hi, other parents, I’m an idiot.

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Your unfortunate talent made me laugh, so it's not all bad. Apparently we were both in the catch up blog mode today. Yeah for new material to read!

ScottyG said...

but what a funny talent for the rest of us to enjoy! thanks, rachel! :)

ScottyG said...

scottyg is bella...dang scott and using this computer!! :)

Cullen said...

LOL!