Thursday, February 24, 2011

A Kindred Spirit

My friend Bryan sent me this link:



I think he's mocking me slightly because I (oh here goes, another uncomfortable confession...) like to keep my DVDs in order by color. Not many people noticed it, but from time to time someone would walk in the front door, see our bookshelf in the hallway there and start laughing at my little rainbow of movies. My younger brother Peter, as a very wise Kindergartner, dubbed that system as 'rainbowtical order.' And mock me if you must, but that's just the way I like it. At the moment our DVDs have been shoved out of the way (and out of order! Ack!) into a drawer under the television, and it's driving me crazy. Oh only, if only, I could order all the bookshelves in the house by color too I'd be a happy lady. Compulsive, yes. Obsessive, yes. And happy. In the meantime I'm just going to keep watching this video.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

That hits a little close to home. That is how I organize my closet. Books and DVD's/CD's are by type and alphabetical when I can control it. The more kids I have, the less control I seem to have over the organization of everything. One day, though...

Cullen said...

How do you find a movie?? I could remember a couple of the cover colors (The Incredibles = red, Batman Begins = black) . . . but would not be able to find anything else!!

Unknown said...

LOL - I have been catching up on your blog and just wanted to say Hi!