Tuesday, November 07, 2023

The Latest Adult

Our little August baby is now a fully-fledged adult. (And by fully-fledged, I just mean that she turned 18.)

She was home after getting her stuff moved in, and had a great weekend with us. Monday was her birthday and we made a great day of it! We started off with a few gifts in the morning - including a 7-11 sweatshirt she really wanted, which made me giggle. Emma gave her a DND/abc book, and she got this cute hoodie too. The Preslar kids are all about the sweatshirts, I guess. 


Of course we needed a pedicure too - and I'm happy to say that in this late month of November I still have a touch of pink on my toes. We always enjoy getting pampered when we can.


In the afternoon Romney did a little shopping with a couple of buddies, during which time Troy and I got on our weekly messenger call with our missionary:


Then I picked up cupbop for the masses and Romney and her bestest buddies came to hang on the porch, draw, eat Korean fast food and have a lovely time. It's funny - by the end of high school, Romney was beyond sick of school and high school life and just wanted to move on. She was so excited to move to Orem (despite her profuse tears on move-in day) and really looked forward to making new friends. Then over the summer she grew even closer to this group and it's been hard to be away from them. They're so darling. I adore them.


So happy birthday to this family's latest adult. Romney adds so much to our family. She's so hilarious, loves spending time with us, and is so supportive of her siblings. They both adore her and turn to her a lot. Troy and I really miss her when she's not here. She's a total blessing to our family. 

No comments: