Saturday, October 16, 2010

'Til We Meet Again

Oh Ben.  I'm so sad you're gone.  You fought a valiant fight. More importantly you lead a valiant life, and I thank you for that.

I was just emailing a friend who was asking how I was doing, seeing as how I've lost two friends in the last month to cancer. 

This is what I had to say:

"Honestly it's been a very emotional month (and year) but I guess it's just making me appreciate all that I have, all whom I love and all that I believe.  Even during sad sad times I guess I recognize all that there is to celebrate. I mean, it is just awful to lose Ben.  And yet, what an incredible person he was, what a life he lead.  What an example there is for me to follow.  Same with Terri Lyn.  So yes it's been hard, and yet it has brought blessings too."

 Sad days.  Sending many prayers and much love out to the Jacobsens. 

5 comments:

Melissa said...

Well said.

Cullen said...

Glad to hear you're holding up. We missed you yesterday, and hope you get some "you" time.

Anonymous said...

You sum up our feelings exactly. There is some comfort in knowing that we are all mourning together with the Jacobsens. Hard to believe that he is really gone. How lucky, so very lucky, we feel to have known him and to call him a friend.

mrsmckracken said...

Crazy...I was just reading Alecia Thompson Williams' blog and she mentioned Ben, too. I'm so sorry for your sad times. Thanks for being the bright sparkly person you are to see the good in the sad. Love ya.

Jardinefamily said...

Definitely well said...thinking of you.