Friday, October 08, 2010

I KNOW I haven't blogged FOREVER

and do you want to know WHY I haven't?  It's because of this little angel right here:


And when I say angel, I actually mean the Angel of Destruction. She looks innocent enough, I know.  Rather sweet, really.  But she knows how to get it done in the "Shred Everything in Sight" department.  Example - I thought it was hard enough to have Bitty breathing down my neck about cooking together every time I'm in the kitchen.  Observe:


But now Bundle wants in on the action too.  And she doesn't say nicely, "Mommy, can I please help you cook?"  She goes, "Uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh!!!!" while squirming wildly until I nearly drop her, reaching for whatever cooking implement I was trying to use.

Yesterday Bitty was sad about not playing with her big brother and his friend, so I invited her to come make brownies with me.  We scootched up a chair to the counter and she got started cracking eggs into a bowl. Stupid me.  I thought I was being smart by having her crack the eggs into a separate bowl rather than directly into the mixer.  Not a bad idea but it led to catastrophe anyway.  The first egg Bitty cracked splintered into a hundred little shards, all of which went into the bowl.  I started to fish out the pieces - we only had exactly as many eggs left as we needed for the brownies.  In those 30 seconds, Bundle masterfully scaled the chair Bitty was on and started reaching for the eggs herself.  She got one rolling and it plummeted to the floor with an extremely satisfying crunch and splat.  She looked at the floor, looked at the two remaining eggs, and you could just see in that split second a look of wonder and absolute joy cross her face.  Before I even had a chance to get my fingers out of the first egg the two remaining eggs had already been pelted to the floor with speed, precision and agility.  And Bundle was happy.  That is until she fell off the chair while I was getting the rag to clean up the eggs.  And then she started playing in the goopy mess before I had finished soothing her tears. And that was one 30 second incident.  Don't ask about the rest of the day.

Bundle's winning, just so you know. 



5 comments:

Melissa said...

I think we are living parallel lives. I keep locking Peter in his high chair - despite the screaming just so I can unload the dishwasher without him impaling himself on the sharp knives that he is immediately drawn to. It's such a relief when he is asleep and I can breathe easy for a few minutes. It's a good thing I love him so much.

Windybrook Spinner said...

Aren't three kids SO MUCH fun?

luann said...

Oh, you are living my life! Total Twilight Zone!!! Some how we are going to get through this stage... I have no idea how, but I have heard other people do it... so there's hope, right?

Unknown said...

Oh, I love it! So sweet and yet so destructive. Well, you are a good mom for even attempting the brownies!

jefferies said...

yeah, but she's SOOOOOOO cute!