Monday, January 28, 2008

A Fond Farewell

It was my mother-in-law who called me last night around 8:30 to let me know that Gordon B. Hinckely, the prophet of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, had passed away. I was totally shocked. I have noticed his decline in energy over the past year or so, but thought that we would be made aware of an admittance to the hospital or something. How wonderful for him to have lived such a full, eventful and fulfilling life and pass away without long painful illness or injury. I just wanted to express my love for this wonderful person, and my sadness at his departure from this life.

1 comment:

stephgardner said...

Hi! I was just catching up on your blog, I've been out of town. Great fun - I think the park in the snow and "body painting" sound like tons of fun! The sweater is amazing. I think I've accomplished something if I go to the store and BUY a sweater that actually fits!