Friday, January 04, 2008

Just a Couple of Grumps

I can't remember if this was last night or the night before, but one evening in our recent past Troy and I were both in the bathroom helping the kids get out of the tub. We were wrapping them in their towels and drying them off, stuff like that. I thought it was going rather well when suddenly Stomper looks at Troy and says, "So, are you two always going to be in a bad mood?" Troy and I just looked at each other first in surprise and then we just had to hold in our laughter. I thought it came out of the blue but Troy reminded me that a week or so ago he had gotten after Stomper for misbehaving while getting into his jammies and had said something like, "Have you noticed that your mom and I are in are really bad mood? We need you to cooperate!" So I guess he thought that the bad mood had just never ended. Glad he perceives what seemed to me like a pleasant evening as me being in a bad mood.

No comments: