Monday, September 17, 2007

Beware the Preslar's House

Be prepared. If you want to come to our house to play, you're going to get filthy. Absolutely filthy. I have a theory that it is literally impossible to come over to our house and stay clean. The dirt in our back yard is just too alluring. The dog hair is just too abundant. My theory has been proven true time and again - kids come over, and I feel I need to have their parents sign a waiver or something so they won't make me pay for the clothing that is about to be destroyed. I know I should say no to the dirt-play, but I just can't. I don't think there is a healthier pastime out there. I just love watching kids having the time of their lives, their creative juices flowing, their imaginations creating new worlds. I guess I love it except for the nerve that starts pulsing in my temple when I think about getting them clean before their parents get here.

Last night my friend Becky and her family came over to eat dinner, play, and help us with our computer. The kids got so dirty it was unbelievable. When we finally caught their three-year old (pictured above before he started getting really dirty) and pulled off his pants about a cup of dirt rained out onto the porch. This was after I had to wipe both blood and dog poop off the kitchen floor - after that the kids were banished from inside. They just had to do their bleeding out there. For the record, it was C's blood, and he was okay. Eventually. Anyway, it was basically Filth-Fest '07. Wanna come over?

1 comment:

Monica said...

I LOVE THE DIRT!!! My kids look like that EVERYDAY! Especially Maggie! She even has mud around her mouth! Atleast she is eating something ~ ugh!