Wednesday, September 12, 2007

A Child's Prayer

Here's CTP's prayer tonight:

"We're glad that we can all be good. Next time we go to the aquarium please help me to get a Steve Irwin Crocodile Talking Guy. I really want one for my birthday. Amen."

Instantly I heard in my head, "...the Red Rider Range Model Carbine with a Compass in the Stock and a Thing that Tells Time..." We did make a visit to the aquarium yesterday. Our passes are running out next month, and we've put them to good use. Such good use, in fact, that I need a break from the place. We go there a lot because the passes were cheap, it's a great super-hot or super-cold day activity, there's lots to learn, and it takes a long time to get there and back. Unfortunately, the gift shop began to hold much more interest for C than any of the living animals. He still loves touching the rays and running around, but it doesn't last long before he heads for the toys. So I think we're done with the aquarium for a while. Well, I did think that but it looks like I need to make one more trip out there before the end of October.

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

You'll shoot your eye out!